African Community and Environmental health Initiative (ACE-Hi)
African Community and Environmental health Initiative (ACE-Hi) is a non-profit making, non-political, non- religious and non-governmental organization (NGO) established as a Community Based Organization in 1997 and registered as ACE-Hi in 2011 with the Corporate Affairs Commission of Nigeria (CAC/IT/NO-45861).
The Organization aims at complementing the efforts of the Government, Donor agencies and other Non-Governmental Organizations operating in Nigeria especially the north-east toward improving the Educational status, wellbeing and quality of life of rural community members and the underserved in poor urban towns. ACE-HI targets individuals and couples within the reproductive health bracket as well as the stigmatized and under privileged that constitutes mostly of Young persons, and children including those in especially difficult circumstances.
Our mission at African Community and Environmental health Initiative (ACE-Hi) is to collaborate with communities and partners to provide strategic socio-economic information and services that improve the quality of life for underserved individuals and families in rural and poor urban areas of Nigeria. We aim to empower these communities through education, health, sanitation, environment, and economic strengthening programs, with a particular focus on individuals within the reproductive age bracket, as well as stigmatized and underprivileged youths. We strive for a healthy and productive society in a sustainable environment, guided by our values of integrity, empowerment, responsiveness, teamwork, and selflessness.
A world where all communities have access to quality education, healthcare, and resources, and where individuals are empowered to improve their own well-being and that of their communities, all within a sustainable and healthy environment.
1. Integrity: We are committed to transparency and honesty in our work with partners, clients, and communities. We uphold principles of truth and accountability in all our actions.
2. Empowerment: We believe in empowering individuals, families, and communities to be self-reliant and self-sustaining through access to information, education, and skills.
3. Responsiveness: We prioritize the needs of the people and communities we serve, and work to adapt and innovate in response to changing conditions.
4. Collaboration: We believe in the power of teamwork and partnership, and leverage internal and external resources to maximize impact.
5. Selflessness: We are dedicated to making sacrifices and taking action to improve the well-being and standard of living of individuals and communities in our target areas.
How do we work?
Shaped by decades of experience within bauchi's communities and with its constituents, we affect change by bringing together real-world solutions, policy expertise, sustainable financing and collaborative partnerships.
Technology & Innovation
To make a lasting impact, we know that we must actively engage and include the communities we are seeking to help. We are continually learning and growing in how we show up as an authentic, ethical partner.
Partnering with Local Communities
By nurturing relationships with likeminded organizations and private individuals, we're able to unlock new sources of capital and scale up our work far beyond what traditional funding can do alone.